Sometimes the best recipes are those that are simple and let the ingredients shine. This dish is a go to in our house that never disappoints and always hits the spot. When the sprouts get that perfect char on them, I could eat them for days! Add some toasted nuts and dried cranberries to make this side dish extra tasty.
You may be thinking, "isn't this a fall dish?" My answer: kind of. But some foods are just too good to only eat at certain times in the year. I could and do eat this year round and love it every time!
Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Toasted Pistachios and Dried Cranberries
- 1 pound brussel sprouts
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shelled pistachios
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Cut brussel sprouts in half and clean off any wilted top leaves
- Place sprouts on a baking sheet in a single layer and drizzle on olive oil, sprinkle salt freshly ground pepper to taste and toss sprouts to evenly distribute oil, salt, and pepper
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the sprouts are softened on the inside and crisp and browned on the outside
- In the meantime, toast whole pistachios in dry cast iron pan over medium-high heat until nuts are fragrant and lightly browned
- Chop pistachios and set aside
- Place roasted brussel sprouts in serving dish with chopped pistachios and dried cranberries, mix to combine, and serve!