Librarian by day, food nerd by night...
Welcome to The Hogtown Table, a Toronto-based cooking, lifestyle, and illustration blog created by me, Nelly. On this blog, you'll find tested and tried recipes, doodles, drawings and paintings of all things food related, as well as recommendations on where to eat and shop around T.O. Join me as I cook and share what has worked, what hasn't worked, and what really hasn't worked in my kitchen.
A bit about me:
5 years ago, I moved from Metro Detroit to Toronto to marry my guy, Vince, and start a Great Canadian Adventure. Since then, I started my career as a librarian, tried my hand as a pet portraitist, and have met amazing friends here that have become like family.
- Favorite book: It's a toss up between Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman and Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë.
- Drink of choice: Gin and Tonic
- Guilty pleasure: Teen dramas. All of them.
- Ideal breakfast: Scrambled eggs with chives on english muffins. And coffee. Always coffee.
- Favorite color: Rainbow
- Childhood crush: Mark Hamill
All content in The Hogtown Table by Nelly Cancilla is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.